We are having a spring fling between April 15 to 30th.
What’s going on?
It’s that time of the year — the ablation (snow melt) season! Help us celebrate spring by submitting your snow depth measurements to our citizen science project!
How do I help?
- Measure snowpack depth in undisturbed snow
- Submit your depth measurement with the Mountain Hub app on your phone
- Click here for full tutorials
Your measurements help improve models of snow accumulation and melt, leading to better hazards forecasting and water resources planning! Plus, the chance to win awesome water bottle packages from out friends at Mizu Life!
What are the rules?
- MIZU V12 + V5 package to the 10 citizen scientists who submit the greatest number of measurements between April 15 and 30.
- Measurements must be greater than 500 m apart to count!
- You get a bonus multiplier of 1.X (X = number of states, provinces, and/or countries). So, if you record 10 measurements covering two different regions, you get credit for 1.2 x 10 = 12 measurements.
- Check out your data in real-time at our web app.
- Good luck and have fun!